We are searching for a brilliant, flexible Android Developer to create and maintain apps that meet the needs of our target audience. To this end, the android developer’s responsibilities include writing and proofreading code, liaising with coworkers within and outside of their department, and monitoring customers’ feedback. Over time, you will also be required to create app updates. Are you a top-notch software engineer that loves solving tough technical problems while working with passionate, driven people? Interested in shaping the future of a fast-growing, industry-leading company? You will help brainstorm solutions for challenging problems and implement them against the highest quality standards as per the Block360 status quo.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptualizing and formulating apps that are suitable for use on all types of Android devices.
- Implementing measures to safeguard users’ data.
- Ensuring that the construction and presentation of your apps are congruent with the company’s standards.
- Proofreading your code and correcting mistakes before each app is released.
- Collaborating with UI and UX Designers, as well as Software Testers, to ensure that each app is presentable and in perfect working order.
- Liaising with the marketing department to ensure consistency in our company’s ‘voice’ across the board.
- Monitoring app reviews to detect areas for improvement.
- Creating app updates, including bug fixes and additional features, for release.
- Publishing apps on Play Store.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in Android Development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or relevant fields
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Nice to Have
- Experience with blockchain
- Presence on GitHub/Open-source contributions
- Written and oral communication skills
Why should you apply? Benefits
- An amazing work environment and culture to promote productivity, learning, and growth
- Competitive package, including stock option plan
- A generous overtime payment policy
- Travel & medical allowances
- A cool and diverse team of smart people
0900 – 1800 PKT
Location: NSTP, Islamabad, Pakistan.